[Ec-ncuc] ncuc members list

Edward Morris edward.morris
Sun Feb 10 21:14:49 CET 2013

FOR E.C. MEMBERS (Norbert, Carlos, Tapani, Wilson):

Further to the discussion of what to name the NCUC list, I refer to our
Charter:

Communications

   1. The Constituency shall maintain three email lists: a discussion list,
   an announce list, and an EC list. Only Official Representatives of Members
   shall be put on the announce list, and the announce list shall be used for
   voting purposes. Only Official Representatives and Additional
   Representatives of Member organizations shall have posting rights on the
   discuss list; participation on the discuss list shall be voluntary. The EC
   list is for official communications and deliberations among the Executive
   Committee.

I would suggest that "Discuss" most appropriately matches that which we are
required to do by our governing document.

In addition, I would formally request that once the NCUC-Discuss (or
whatever it will be called) is established the EC list be restricted to
elected members of the Executive Committee. I agree with this as a matter
of policy and it is required by the Charter. The difficulty I had in
getting people to notice the SCI nomination made it clear to me that those
of us on the EC need our own work space.

As our work over the past two months appears to be under threat in other
private forums not accessible to our general membership, I would like to
notify my fellow E.C. members of my intent to more regularly cite and
follow our Charter in our discussions. If you haven't read it recently it
might be advisable to do so.

Ed