[Ec-ncuc] Original proposal

Milton L Mueller mueller
Sun Feb 3 08:12:02 CET 2013

From: ncu-exec-bounces at ipjustice.org [mailto:ncu-exec-bounces at ipjustice.org] On Behalf Of Brenden Kuerbis
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 3:17 PM
To: Non-Commercial Users Constituency Executive Committee & GNSO Reps. Discussion
Subject: [Ncu-exec] Another video proposal

EC,

I'd like your feedback and possibly approval to move forward on an idea concerning a promotional tool for NCUC.  The idea originated in our search for a webcast solution for this Friday's policy conference (a totally separate endeavor). This led me to a conversation with Eric Pedicelli at ChopShopVideo  (http://vimeo.com/chopshopmedia), the group that developed and produced a video for the Citizen Lab's CyberDialogue event last year.

In a nutshell, I think we should leverage the excitement around our Toronto event by producing a short promotional video for NCUC.  The short video could help explain NCUC to non ICANNites - showing NCUC in action, highlighting some issues we're involved with, and telling people why to get involved, how to join, etc.

Eric has proposed to capture some of the Friday event/panels, as well as do some talking head pitches/interviews the same day. We would need to identity in advance perhaps 8-9 NCUC people for one-on-one interviews. The cost of shooting this video is around $2000-2500 for the full day.  Post-production cost is variable, Eric says if we could limit footage a piece with a straight forward story and simple animations is ~$3000.  We could go ahead with the video shooting, and defer the post-production until we have more resources if necessary.

Assuming we get a final piece with long shelf life, I think this could be a great tool for outreach.    We don't have much time for debate on this, as I need to confirm with Eric ASAP, but do share your thoughts about going ahead.

Thanks,

- Brenden