[NCUC-EC] Election

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Dec 9 17:58:55 CET 2013

On Dec 09 16:09, Edward Morris (egmorris100 at gmail.com) wrote:

> To make it crystal clear: Those members not receiving ballots are
> those who did not respond to numerous efforts to engage them in the
> process.

Yes. They missed at least four attempts to contact them.

> First, thanks so much for doing all of this. Second, it does seem to
> give credence to the idea that we should publish a list of all
> eligible voters 30 days out so we can deal with any problems at that
> point.

Well, we sort of did, although perhaps not as clearly as might've been
desireable, only as a link rather than posting to the -discuss list
(which means it cannot be retroactively checked), and as noted the
unconfirmed ones *were* sent to the list as well.

But, agreed, it would be better to send a prominent message with
subject "VOTER LIST" or similar to the -discuss list exactly 30 days
before the election.

--
Tapani Tarvainen