[NCUC-EC] New members & voter lists

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 10:36:25 CET 2013

On Dec 2, 2013, at 10:00 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> [Subject changed]
>
> On Dec 02 09:04, William Drake (******@******) wrote:
>
>> You’ll recall NCSG did a new member intake in BA. Below are the
>> folks who indicated a desire to join NCUC. If they could be added to
>> the data base and website I’d much appreciate it.
>
> (The website actually pulls member data directly from the database,
> so they don't need to be updated separately.)
>
> Hmm. That data is a bit confusing - Rafik, could you clarify:
> they're all individual members except the WWW Foundation?
> Is the latter small or large?

I’d have thought large, but fik says small so ok.

>> BTW Glen does have the list of eligible voters, right?
>
> I sent it to her before leaving BA, but she just yesterday
> got back to me about a problem: there're three addresses twice -
> not by accident but because they're listed both as individual
> members as well as representatives of an organization.
> We discussed this early this year and concluded it is ok,
> but now she told me the voting system can't handle duplicate
> addresses, so this needs to be fixed.
> (There're also some such people who're using different
> email for different roles, and they're no problem.)

Well, obviously the same addresses can’t vote twice.  So I guess delete their individual names?  Organizational votes have more.

>> She has to press the button on Wednesday and start the election.
>
> Yes. I already contacted the people in question (one reply so far,
> incidentally complaining he didn't get NCSG ballot), asking
> if their double role is actually correct and if so, could
> we use an alternate email address for one or the other.
> Anyway, I actually have alternate emails for the two remaining ones
> and intend to use those if I don't hear from them in time.

Oh…do we think this is legit?  Can you tell me concretely who you’re speaking of?

> Tapani
>
>> And the
>> candidates need to get their statements in! I will do mine today.
>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer