[NCUC-EC] Buenos Aries

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Aug 15 13:21:47 CEST 2013

On Aug 15 10:53, PeterGreen (seekcommunications at hotmail.com) wrote:

> I would certainly like to participate in the work,since I am new on
> EC, but I would like contribute what I could do.

Good.

> In fact, I should be one of the last to consider to be covered for
> the BA trip, since I am new.

Actually I think that goes the other way: you should get there
precisely because you are new. For, as you say:

> But, as I have mentioned earlier, I expect to fit into discussions
> of our team. I have to learn.

Exactly. And I think being physically in the meeting is
very useful for newcomers to get more involved in the work.
And you've joined us mid-term, with very little time to learn,
and haven't had any trips paid by ICANN (or NCUC) yet.

So I would suggest getting you in BA would be a good use of
NCUC funds.

I would like to get Wilson there as well, but, for reasons
Wilson himself already explained, it would be a little harder
to justify, given that our budget is limited.

> (After a consultation with the director, I got the information that
> my organization would first consider covering some senior
> directors.)

Somehow I'm not surprised...

--
Tapani Tarvainen