[NCUC-EC] BA Travel

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Aug 10 15:35:26 CEST 2013

From: ncuc-ec-bounces at lists.ncuc.org [mailto:ncuc-ec-bounces at lists.ncuc.org] On Behalf Of Edward Morris

Sounds good to me. We need to strike the right balance between formality and informality, collegiality and structure.

Indeed. The idea that there is "no policy" on many of these things isn't actually right. All kinds of policies and precedents were set through discussions just like the ones you are having now. The problem is that those who were not involved never saw them or even if they were involved don't remember them properly. So it is more a matter of documentation than one of not having a policy.

And you can't document every single thing you do, so you _will_ have to leave some things undocumented or poorly documented, so there is no guarantee that some Tapani-of-the-future won't complain again. So balance, indeed.