[Ec-ncuc] letter to the Board regarding the IOC/Red cross protection - URGENT

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Thu Mar 29 20:38:34 CEST 2012

Thanks Nuno ? these are great and valid points. We have to keep the letter brief though if we wish the Board to read it first and consider it. We've discussed the precedent in the public comments. and, that's why we are only mentioning the public comment issue as it goes against the AoC.

Hope this clarifies things.

Thanks

KK

From: "Nuno NET>" <ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET<mailto:ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET>>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:17:33 +0100
To: Carlos Afonso <ca at CAFONSO.CA<mailto:ca at CAFONSO.CA>>
Cc: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk<mailto:k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk>>, "EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org<mailto:EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org>" <ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org<mailto:ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org>>
Subject: Re: [Ec-ncuc] letter to the Board regarding the IOC/Red cross protection - URGENT

Hi all.

Maybe something should also be said regarding the precedent that is being inaugurated with this case. A precedent that allows a few to have preferential treatment despite of the merits or lack of merits these few may have, a finally, the precedent on the process itself. Having approved this, the board may legitimately be asked to proceed in similar manner regarding other issues, i.e., by waving and disconsidering the comments and objections that were presented.

This may be one of two things: there is a lot of pression from several stakeholders to further control the Internet and "en passant", ICANN. This may be the proof that everyone needs that ICANN in unable to support and honor the commitements and the rules of procedures that it is supposed to implement, allowing for a lawful dismission of ICANN contract. Or, it may be a manner of ICANN to prove that despite some wrong actions from its constituencies, it is still capable of enforcing such transparent rules.

Sorry if my english is too irregular, I'll try harder next time.

BR
Nuno Garcia