[Ec-ncuc] new EC and tasks for new year

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis
Mon Jan 9 15:44:35 CET 2012

Just following up on some other items...

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Konstantinos Komaitis <
k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk> wrote:

> (e.g. the membership section now needs to link to the NCSG membership).

Remember, although they largely overlap, the NCUC membership and NCSG are
slightly different.  The later includes other constituencies, other
individuals or organization that are not members of NCUC.  I think we just
want to make sure the NCUC member list is valid, correct?

> I would also like to ask that Milton remains the Treasurer for NCUC ?

Agree, it's good to have continuity in this role.  I think it would be good
also to have the Treasurer report to the EC once a year on activity.
Nothing complex, just an end of year financial statement. (this may already
be happening, I just don't recall seeing one).

> he has been doing this for a long time now and many administrative issues
> (e.g. cheque book) are under his name. if Milton doesn?t object, it would
> only make sense for him to continue to perform this function. According to
> the existing charter, the EC makes the appointment for the Treasurer ? (*.
> Be elected on an annual basis by Constituency members in an online vote
> (with the exception of the Secretary-Treasurer, who is appointed by the EC).
> *

* *

Membership ? we need to bring in more organizations and individuals. this
is very difficult but we need to identify orgs and individuals and try to
bring them in. any ideas as to how to do this?

I am sure I am forgetting something, so please jump in to remind me. I
would like this year this list to be more active and hold discussions on
the various constituency issues. and, we have a tough year ahead of us.

Many thanks and all the best for the festive season. Have a great new year.
(I am back home as of tomorrow and I will try my interaction with the email
to be as minimal as possible J

Thanks to you all.

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,

Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses

Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law

University of Strathclyde,

The Law School,

Graham Hills building,

50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA