[Ec-ncuc] NCUC letter to US House - re iCANN hearing

Alex Gakuru gakuru
Sun Dec 11 14:38:39 CET 2011

Dear Konstantinos,

I think it would be fantastic for the US Congress to know who we are and
our values!  along http://ncdnhc.org/

The Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC) is the home for civil society
organizations and individuals in the Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers (ICANN) Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO).
With real voting power in ICANN policy making and Board selection. Its
Executive Office holders are elected by global members to represent voices
from all regions of the world. We develop and support positions that favor
noncommercial communication and activity on the Internet in protecting the
communication and activities we value on the Internet.

The NCUC is open to noncommercial organizations and individuals involved in
education, community networking, public policy advocacy, development, [open
source software and creative commons online content], promotion of the
arts,  children's welfare, religion, consumer protection, scientific
research, human rights and many other areas.

regards,

Alex