[Ec-ncuc] PIR

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Thu Dec 1 15:13:38 CET 2011

Dear Paul,

Many, many thanks for your email and for the continuing support PIR is showing NCUC - we truly appreciate it. Milton as the NCUC Treasurer will be in touch with you and will be sorting out the invoices. I would also like to thank PIR for allocating funds for the next year - this is great and we are really grateful.

Best wishes,

Konstantinos

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA
UK
tel: +44 (0)141 548 4306
http://www.routledgemedia.com/books/The-Current-State-of-Domain-Name-Regulation-isbn9780415477765
Selected publications: http://hq.ssrn.com/submissions/MyPapers.cfm?partid=501038
Website: www.komaitis.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Diaz [mailto:pdiaz at pir.org]
Sent: ??????, 1 ?????????? 2011 1:45 ??
To: Konstantinos Komaitis; Dr. Milton Mueller
Cc: ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org
Subject: Re: PIR

Hello Konstantinos, Milton and the NCUC ExCom,

As Brian Cute and I noted in Dakar, PIR supports NCUC and intends to continuing backing that up with a financial contribution.  After reviewing my Policy team's expenses for 2011, I see that PIR contributed $5,000 to NCUC earlier in the year.  We still have another $5,000 allocated for NCUC.  Please send an invoice in that amount to accountspayable at pir.org<mailto:accountspayable at pir.org>, and cc: me at pdiaz at pir.org<mailto:pdiaz at pir.org>.  We need to receive the paperwork no later than 15 December 2011, though, as we're down to "use it or lose it" time and the books are closing...

Also, please be aware that I have set aside $15,000 for NCUC in 2012.  We can either process that amount as a lump sum, or in three installments.  If the latter, please invoice us $5,000 per quarter in 1Q12-3Q12.  Don't wait until the end of the year, though, or we may be in another 'use it or lose it' state (or worse, budgets may have been cut).  My preference would be to receive the full invoice in the latter part of 1Q12, ideally before ICANN Costa Rica so we can confirm receipt and payment.  I'll leave the processing up to NCUC.  Just let me know.

Best regards, P

PAUL DIAZ
Director of Policy
.ORG, The Public Interest Registry
Main: +1 703 889-5778  | Direct: +1 703 889-5756  | Mobile: +1 703 973-1667 | Fax: +1 703 889-5779 |

Find us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pir.org>  |  .ORG Blog<http://blog.pir.org/> | Flickr<http://flickr.com/orgbuzz> | YouTube<http://youtube.com/orgbuzz> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/ORGBuzz> |

Thanks for contacting me - I have copied in this email Milton, who is the NCUC treasurer and the NCUC executive committee. I am looking forward to hearing from you and again many thanks for PIR's continuing support to NCUC.

Best

Website: www.komaitis.org<http://www.komaitis.org>