[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom changes

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 20:45:37 CEST 2024

Hi Julf,

The board did not remove any recommendations. A vote was put forward in the
NomCom RIWG from what I understand and we did not have an NCSG rep on the
ground during that meeting the recommendation votes were maded to push for
a consensus to retain recommendation 10l

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 1:30 PM Johan Helsingius via Ncuc-discuss <
ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org> wrote:

> Thank you for the useful information, Remmy,
>
> > The final recommendations were made including our desire to increase and
> > re-balance the slots and were submitted to the ICANN board and it did
> > not sail through as expected. (Raoul Plommer can also add a voice here)
>
> I am, like Pedro, a bit confused about this - did the team actually
> recommend re-balancing, but the board removed it, or did the team
> decide to remove the recommendation from the final version that
> went to the board?
>
> > On the call for term duration, I would advise that current appointees
> > have 1 additional year, since that would mean they are not returning and
> > must have availed some ‘knowledge transfer’ on the new or incoming
> > appointees before their final exit thereafter.
>
> That would be the sensible thing to do, yes, but that doesn't seem
> to be what the recommendation says.
>
>         Julf

*Caleb Ogundele*
Email: muyiwacaleb at gmail.com