[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 21 04:54:16 CEST 2021

Thanks for this report, Wolfgang!

From: Ncuc-discuss <ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> On Behalf Of Wolfgang Kleinwächter
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 12:43 PM
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU; NCUC-discuss <ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org>
Subject: [NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom

Dear friends,

as a NCUC NomCom delegate I just want to report briefly back from the first weeks of the NomCom 2021 operations. As last year, all communication within the NomCom, including all outreach activities, are done virtually, thanks to the Pandemic :-))).

The dateline for applications of candidates was March 31, 2021. We did get 116 applications. This is a lot and more than last year. The majority of the candidates applied for a Board poistion. (around 90) . We have to fill three Board seats. We did also get a number of good applications for the other bodies. We have to fill two for the GNSO council, one for the CNSO-Council and three for ALAC (Asia-Pacific, Africa, Latin America).

The first thing we did was a soft evaluation of the various applications where every NomCom member had three options: proceed, needs discussion, not proceed. This first evalution created a first ranking. Last week we started the discussion applicant by applicant. For each applicant we have one "soft diver" who introduces the candate followed by a discussion and a vote wether the candidate should proceed to the next level or not.

The plan is to create a first (broader) shortlist until mid-May. The next step will be a deep dive which will produce a reduced shortlist which will be the basis for interviews. The final meeting is scheduled for July 16 - 21, 2021.

Best wishes and thanks for for sending me to the NomCom.

Wolfgang