[NCUC-DISCUSS] UPDATE about the North American EC Slot

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Thu Jun 4 17:42:53 CEST 2020

Thanks for your email Dorothy.  Well said.

I think the EC is trying to address the issues as much as possible given
the elections, and other circumstances.  As I wrote before, we can disagree
but we also must respect other viewpoints as well.  Not every disagreement
is based on someone's race especially if the conversation does not include
it in any way.

I think both Stephanie and Bruna are trying to fairly address the election
issues, which there was some debate, but it is an open dialogue.  Kudos to
both.

Regards,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 12:41 AM dorothy g <dgdorothydg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vaibhav, As you can see I am not white.  I can assure you that in English
> the word 'nonsense' is not a racial slur. Anyone can talk nonsense.
> It is not associated with any racial or ethnic group. I agree it is not a
> polite word but it is not racist. We are working from
> different mother-tongue and different cultures so sometimes communication
> suffers as a result. You may feel you are being bullied and you have a
> right to your feelings but as an observer I cannot agree with you. I have
> been a member of this group for many years. We may not always agree but we
> can disagree politely. Please do not assume that the entire group has no
> trust in the leadership and process. We will learn from this experience and
> do better.  Sincerely wishing you the best.
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 7:16 PM Vaibhav Aggarwal <va at bladebrains.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Franco,
>>
>> Thanks for seeing reason in my point.
>> It is important the the Chair at this juncture along with the EC is held
>> responsible. And I ask for their resignations in the interest of
>> Transparency, Accountability, Adherence, & Code of Ethics.
>> There is no trust in the current management of this group as there is no
>> direction & righteousness.
>>
>> A Adhoc committee be put in place, elections proposed be stopped & group
>> be reconvened for way forward. A Minimum Corum of representation be decided
>> for any decisions.
>>
>> A hand full of 5-8 people running this group like a cartel..
>>
>> Since diversity is the basis of this Multi-Stakeholder environment,  I
>> bring this up for my brothers & sisters from the lesser Privileged /
>> developed ecosystems who are putting hard effort in bringing policy up for
>> the better. Every one should get an opportunity. Freedom of voice should
>> never be suppressed in a stressed environment. Equal opportunity is our
>> right.
>>
>> The expose and your views on what’s going wrong should be sent to the
>> Ombudsman of ICANN - and everyone should write to him. It’s important to be
>> heard.
>>
>> Read this in addition to my views above, I was a victim of racial abuse
>> yesterday in front of everyone - Nonsense is what I was called - And I was
>> reprimanded, my integrity was attacked upon & today being threatened & my
>> privacy being violted by the Chair herself in a most casual manner. This is
>> not good. This is bullying & harassment.
>>
>> Post the email, I won’t know if I am onslought be brought upon me by
>> some, and If I will still be here or my list access be barred, but I would
>> certainly die a free man. Some good will I be able to do, form some to do
>> good on policy. The world needs you.
>>
>> Rest is ur imagination & wisdom.
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>> -VA
>> www.thevaibhav.com
>> +91.9899246969
>> New Delhi, India

> [...]

Joan Kerr, Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

_____________________________________

Chair, Climate Smart Victory Garden Team

Chair, ICANN, Not for Profit Operations Constituency

Chair, IEEE Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair, Science for Peace, Climate Smart Victory Gardens

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Canada

UN WSIS Award Recipient, for Content & Creativity

Durham Region Recipient, Community Partnership Award

Founder, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities

www.joankerr.ca, www.fbsc.org

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

1-416-907-0783