[NCUC-DISCUSS] Troika merge proposal

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Jul 20 16:05:11 CEST 2020

Dear all

I have been too busy with policy work to even participate in this discussion so far. I have not even had time to read all the messages related to this. (As you may know, the Whois-related EPDP is trying to finish up its work this week). Since I am definitely NCUC “old school” as Joly puts it, that explains my silence.

However, unlike Joy or Kathy I am very glad Sam brought it up! Thank, you, Sam. And - like several others who commented - I strongly support the idea. I disagree with those who see policy work as making it impossible for us to consider the merger idea. One of the reasons our policy work is so uncoordinated is that we have this horrible fragmented constituency structure that was foisted on us for really bad reasons some time ago.

Our NCSG chair and Constituency chairs are largely administrative positions. And this is an administrative issue. Why don’t Bruna and the NPOC and NCUC chairs get together and push this forward? It will require a charter amendment, so the first task is to draft the amendments.  I can provide advice, will review drafts.

Solving this problem while we have a chance is important.

Dr. Milton L Mueller
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Public Policy
[IGP_logo_gold block]