[NCUC-DISCUSS] Reuters reports new cooperative formed to take over management of .ORG

Marc Rotenberg rotenberg at epic.org
Mon Jan 20 18:27:51 CET 2020

Hi, all,

I just wanted to support Kathy’s very good points below. I remember the early days when we helped establish PIR. Much of that history is relevant now. For those who may not know about the history of PIR — and the understandings in place when the .ORG was assigned to PIR —  here is a brief history:

Rotenberg, Save the .ORG and All that it Symbolizes
The Hill,  Dec. 9, 2019
https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/473537-save-the-org-domain-and-all-it-symbolizes

Regards,

Marc.

Marc Rotenberg, President
Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
- New address
1519 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20036
@MarcRotenberg
www.epic.org @EPICprivacy

 Privacy is a fundamental right

Defend Privacy. Support EPIC. epic.org/donate