[NCUC-DISCUSS] Resignation letter, from the 1st of February 2020 and forward, to GNSO Council and NCSG membership

Martin Pablo Silva Valent mpsilvavalent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 00:25:38 CET 2020

Dear all,
           With great regret, hereby, from the 1st of February 2020 and forward, I resign my position as GNSO Councilor on behalf of the NCSG. I will also remove my individual NCSG membership after that date and become a passive reader in all ICANN list that I don’t explicitly unsubscribe, on the other hand, the NGO I represent, Datas (www.dat.as), will remain with other representatives. Until that date, I will continue as normal.
This decision has no specific motive other than I cannot continue working at ICANN as a volunteer philanthropist, for free with no job behind it nor funds to justify it. Especially considering I been uninterruptedly working in that condition for over 6 years with ICANN. Starting as an NCSG-NCUC member back in 2013, later a Fellow, then an NCSG-NPOC member, NPOC Secretariat, NPOC Vice-Chair, Fellowship Mentor and GNSO Councilor. Always working with Intellectual Property, Data, and Human Rights issues. I would love to come back, but not anymore as a philanthropic for-free professional. Time will tell, I am always open for opportunities.
           I will continue to develop the Technology Governance and Tech Policy issues we have been dealing with over the years at Datas, like Internet Governance, Innovation, and Algorithm Governance. I will also continue my work as a business lawyer and business developer (www.silva.legal <http://www.silva.legal/>, www.metrospaces.com <http://www.metrospaces.com/>, www.casavisconti.mx <http://www.casavisconti.mx/>, www.ikal.wine <http://www.ikal.wine/>, and others). This year I will also be finishing the Executive MBA that I started last year at University Torcuato Di Tella (right now with an ongoing thesis in Blockchain DNS Governance thanks to my experience at Fuqua School of Business at Duke University). I am probably also going to cut in half my teaching at the University of Palermo, where this past semester I taught three Technology Law courses in Grade and Master at Computer Engineering to only a class at the Constitutional Law Master. I will continue doing the research and publishing papers.
	I thank you all for the hard work, the trust, the friendship. It was a pleasure sharing this space. I hope I find you all around the world, you are all welcome in Buenos Aires, let me know if you come this way. You can all find me at martin at silva.legal <mailto:martin at silva.legal> ,  martin.silva at dat.as <mailto:martin.silva at dat.as> , Skype ID: mpsilvavalent, linkedin.com/in/martinsilvavalent/ <https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinsilvavalent/>, don’t hesitate to reach out for friendship, a helping hand or any ideas you want to share or work with me. All are welcomed.

Best regards,

Martin Silva Valent

Partner | Silva.legal
martin at silva.legal

Director | Dat.as
martin.silva at dat.as

Skype ID: mpsilvavalent
Tel: +5491164993943
Libertador 5990, Off. 406
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Este email, incluyendo adjuntos, podría contener información  confidencial protegida por ley y es para uso exclusivo de su destinatario. Si  Ud. no es el destinatario, se le advierte que cualquier uso, difusión, copia o  retención de este email o su contenido está estrictamente prohibido.  Si Ud.  recibió este email por error, por favor avise inmediatamente al remitente por  teléfono o email y borre el mismo de su computadora. / This  e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information that is protected by  law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the  intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby  notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the  information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply  e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.