[NCUC-DISCUSS] New Timeline for NCSG/NCUC elections for 2019-2020

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Thu May 2 20:12:55 CEST 2019

Thanks for sharing Bruna.

I think I love the idea of the combine election and that of the time to
onboard newly elected officers

Regards.
Peter

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 6:23 AM Bruna Martins dos Santos <
bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear NCUC,
>
> As some of you might have seen on the NCSG mailing list, due to a series
> of events and new requirements from ICANN, our elections will be held at an
> earlier date.
>
> According to ICANN's new travel deadlines we need to inform the GNSO
> funded names now with 120 days prior to the next meeting, therefore NCSG,
> NCUC and NPOC chairs decided (with the support of their respective ECs)  to
> hold an unified process of elections this year. This means that we will
> vote for our GNSO Councilors, NCSG, NCUC, NPOC leadership positions at the
> same time.
>
> Therefore, our elections timeline is the following:
>
> May 13 - June 07: check in period
> 23 May - 06 June: Nomination period
> 07 June:  deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement.
> Check in ends.
> 09 June: Voter roll finalized
> 08/09 June: meet the candidates calls
> 10 June - 23 June: Voting
> 24 June: Results
>

> With our check in period starting next week, we ask you to take a look at
> your membership conditions and then Maryam will start the checkin soon.
>
> Other than that, you might have noticed that - despite the fact that we
> will know who are the next elected officers the terms will continue to
> start at the AGM - or the Montréal meeting this year - that means we will
> have 4 months to onboard the newly elected leadership and familiarize them
> with some intricacies across our community.
>
> Let us know in case you have any doubts about the elections timeline!
>
> Best,
>
> *Bruna Santos *
> NCUC Chair

<https://about.me/petertaiwoakinremi?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>