[NCUC-DISCUSS] New Timeline for NCSG/NCUC elections for 2019-2020

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:22:51 CEST 2019

Dear NCUC,

As some of you might have seen on the NCSG mailing list, due to a series of
events and new requirements from ICANN, our elections will be held at an
earlier date.

According to ICANN's new travel deadlines we need to inform the GNSO funded
names now with 120 days prior to the next meeting, therefore NCSG, NCUC and
NPOC chairs decided (with the support of their respective ECs)  to hold an
unified process of elections this year. This means that we will vote for
our GNSO Councilors, NCSG, NCUC, NPOC leadership positions at the same
time.

Therefore, our elections timeline is the following:

May 13 - June 07: check in period
23 May - 06 June: Nomination period
07 June:  deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement. Check
in ends.
09 June: Voter roll finalized
08/09 June: meet the candidates calls
10 June - 23 June: Voting
24 June: Results

With our check in period starting next week, we ask you to take a look at
your membership conditions and then Maryam will start the checkin soon.

Other than that, you might have noticed that - despite the fact that we
will know who are the next elected officers the terms will continue to
start at the AGM - or the Montréal meeting this year - that means we will
have 4 months to onboard the newly elected leadership and familiarize them
with some intricacies across our community.

Let us know in case you have any doubts about the elections timeline!

Best,

*Bruna Santos *
NCUC Chair