[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom update

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Thu Jun 27 12:17:17 CEST 2019

Dear Raphael

Apologies, I did not respond to your question. The challenge identified
in 2018 was that we did not have enough candidates from Africa with the
scope of board and leadership experience that form a big part of what
NomCom looks for in board candidates.

In 2019, the outreach efforts of NomCom members and those if you in the
community - and there are many - who helped, as well as the efforts of
recruitment firms, meant we had a strong pool of candidates with that
type of experience to consider.

Hope that answers you question.

Best

Anriette

Anriette Esterhuysen
Senior advisor on internet governance, policy advocacy and strategic planning
Association for Progressive Communications
apc.org
afrisig.org
anriette at apc.org