[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Delegate to the Nominating Committee - Call for Applications

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 21:44:21 CEST 2019

Dear Julf,

Thanks for the reply!

I do agree with the consideration you are making. It would make far more
sense for us to wait until this round is concluded. Unfortunately, ICANN
wants us to share the name of the new delegate in the same travel deadline
as the rest of the community - meaning 4th of July. We asked for an
extension (as the deadline was during Marrakech) and all they could do was
4th of July.

Best,
Bruna Santos
NCUC Chair

Le mer. 19 juin 2019 à 16:27, Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com> a écrit :

> [...]
> > accept input in carrying out their responsibilities;
> >
> > 4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal
> > commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial
> > objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;
> >
> > 5. Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential
> > impact of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community who are
> > willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the
> > reimbursement of certain expenses; and
> >
> > 6. Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken
> > English.”
> >

> > Other criteria(retrieved from the Nominating Committee email):
> >
> >   *
> >
> >     Eligibility Exception - No person who is an employee of or paid a
> >     consultant to ICANN (including the Ombudsman) shall simultaneously
> >     serve in any of the Nominating Committee positions as described in
> >     Article 8, Section 8.2 of ICANN’s Bylaws
> >     (
> https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article8).
> >
> >   *
> >
> >     The person should be able to join monthly teleconferences (typically
> >     15:00 or 16:00 UTC).  Note that the committee's workload will
> >     increasesignificantly during Apr/May/June 2020 when the candidate
> >     assessment process will be at its busiest. Conference calls are held
> >     more frequently (typically weekly and the duration of the calls may
> >     last up to 3 hours) during this time as well.
> >
> >   *
> >
> >     The person should be willing to work in a large, consensus-oriented
> >     committee.
> >
> >   *
> >
> >     All 2020 NomCom members should be able to attend the following ICANN
> >     meetings (travel and hotel accommodations will be provided for all
> >     meetings):

> >         ICANN66 | Montréal, Canada: 2-7 November 2019 (1stofficial
> >         meeting of 2020 NomCom)

> >         ICANN67 | Cancún, Mexico: 7-12 March 2020 (outreach and training
> >         meeting)

> >         Intersessional | (Location tentative - Los Angeles, United
> >         States): TBD April 2020 (assessment meeting)

> >         ICANN68 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: 22-25 June 2020 (selection
> >         meeting)
> >

> > As you gather from the criteria above, it is very important that the
> > applicants for this position be active members of NCUC, involved with
> > ICANN and its various working groups and show proven interest in NCUC
> > work and understand the dynamics of ICANN and groups existing within
> ICANN.
> >

> > Please write a statement of interest indicating how you fulfill the
> > criteria mentioned in ICANN bylaws and tell us about your experience at
> > NCUC and submit to me chair at ncuc.org <mailto:chair at ncuc.org>and cc
> >  maryam.bakoshi at icann.org <mailto:maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>by July 1st
> 2019.
> >

> > Announcement will be before 4th July 2019.

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *