[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCSG/NCUC African Strategy ?

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:45:05 CEST 2019

Dear NCUC,

While reading the regional lists this past week, it has come to my
attention that our members engaged with the NCUC-Africa List have been
working on a document called NCSG/NCUC Africa Strategy dedicated to looking
into how the non Commercial Users Constituency members from the African
region can join and make meaningful contributions and add their voices to
the policy development processes. I have indeed gone through the document
and while agreeing that it is an initiative/document catered to the African
region discussions it does convey the names of both our constituency and
Stakeholder group without being submitted by any discussions in neither of
those groups.

Up until today, we have been very careful with regards to membership
initiated positions around the most different issues around the regions and
when meaning to convey a document as a Constituency document our MO has
always been to submit the draft to the general membership lists just so
others can chime in and we can reach consensus about the submission.
Therefore, I would like to ask from the members involved in this document
for more details on this initiative before its submission as well as for it
to be shared for the rest of the constituency to chime in.

Again, while I understand this might me more related to the African region
issues and policy discussions at the same time the sole name of NCUC and
NCSG at the document makes it look as a Stakeholder and Constituency
position, so I think membership should know about it.

Looking forward to hearing back from the african members involved in this
initiative.

best,

*Bruna Santos *
*NCUC Chair *