[NCUC-DISCUSS] ABRs - Welcoming suggestions until 14th Jan, noon (utc time).

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 14 16:59:58 CET 2019

I agree, a sum like that seems modest and if a success we can always apply next year to boost it.

Stephanie

On 2019-01-13 19:26, Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix wrote:
I see, thanks for that. Well, "we do our own research" as long as we actually have people doing research. Such is not the case, it's not like we're swimming in volunteer-hours. So I'd support adding that, even more so for the purposes that you stated which I think are highly relevant.

As for the other one, I also get your point. It's sure that pure discretionary budget would get nowhere, but that is not what is in question here. Assuming there would be consensus for the idea, asking does not cost, so we can always try your rationale and see how far it fares ;) Maybe a smaller amount, asked for the purposes of a few years' worth of work, would seem less threatening? If total budget is 285k/y, 2.5% would correspond to 7k/y, 21k over 3y, which could be small enough.

Best,