[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Fellow to the IGF 2018

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 22:05:03 CET 2018

Dear James et al,

Personal opinion: I do agree that we could go back to reaching a greater
level of engagement with policy discussions than travel support listings.
At the same time, I also find it important to continue offering
opportunities to NCUC Members who have a considerate level of engagement
with the Constituency and some PDPs - as a reward. And as EC it is key to
us to award travel slots to members who have proved to be active in policy
discussions. But maybe there is space for better developing techniques that
would allow us to (a) get our members more engaged and (b) assess the level
of their participation in PDPs.

With regards to the delay of the call, we do understand that it is not
timely convenient but the EC assessed the opportunity and we decided to at
least try to have a member at the IGF to help us with the booth, our
Session and some outreach. I am also from the global south and understand
that a refund basis funding policy might make things difficult to us but I
am also glad that NCUC can offer this sort of resource to its members.

Best,
Bruna

Em seg, 29 de out de 2018 às 16:53, Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com>
escreveu:

> On 29/10/18 14:47, James Gannon wrote:
>
> > We need people to stop worrying about travel and perks and get down to
> > helping NCUC on the policy issues that ICANN deals with. We need to have
> > the same amount of engagement on the policy topics posted to this list
> > as we do to the travel support topics that are posted to the list.
>
> Hear hear!
>
>         Julf

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos