[NCUC-DISCUSS] Compilation of questions to CEO

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Thu May 3 21:03:48 CEST 2018

I think you're close to the target, Robert. Goran comes from the telecom industry and telecom tends to have specialized regulatory agencies (such as the FCC in the US or Oftel in the UK) that do rulemakings and can engage in such things as "regulatory forbearance".

Asking a European DPA for regulatory forbearance on GDPR compliance is a non-starter, however, and shows real ignorance, because
 - there is no single European-wide DP regulatory authority, there is just a European law
 - the GDPR gives individuals a right of action and there is no room in such a legal scheme for any national DPA or group of them to grant anyone forbearance.