[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom open meeting starting soon

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Mon Mar 12 22:33:46 CET 2018

Dear Renata

Thanks a lot for checking  in.

Recommend candidates. We need qualified candidates and we need
diversity. We need women. The gender balance on the board is better this
year but still not nearly good enough.

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-01-31-en

Candidates  do not have to be insiders, but they do need to have a solid
knowledge of ICANN's work, or demonstrate very convincingly that they
have the capacity to pick up the needed knowledge really quickly.

Experience in governance, management, financial planning and management,
strategic  planning, human resources.

Read more here: https://www.icann.org/nomcom2018

And then the time commitment. This has been the greatest difficulty for
me. I have approached multiple qualified candidates, but they have jobs,
and they simply cannot commit the time needed to be on the ICANN board.

If anyone  on this  list wants to know more, or are interested, please
get in touch with me. Here or on ae_apc on Skype.

Anriette