[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Ext] Fellowship Request for ICANN 62 Policy Forum

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:55:57 CET 2018

Hi

This fellowship cancellation is done and this is irreversible, as well as
whatever effect it had.

Fellowship program (regional or otherwise) does not have consultation w/
Chair or Constituency, never did. So there is possibility to influence the
process. All Chair does is distribution of call.

There was really a public call and public announcement of results. There
usually is an announcement of results for funding processes in our mailing
lists, even when Constituency leader is just the "messenger" and selection
is done by organization, just like we let members know when Nextgen or
Fellowship results are out.

James G. (long time no speak!) and Stephanie, on your concerns on sharing
this "glitch in the system" thread:
I addressed 1 member distress situation and asked for this not to happen
again.
Perhaps you are right I didn't need to see the thread, for that I
apologize.
However the enigmatic situation which caused all this remains and I
reinforce that it should not happen to any other member.
While the result of this process, so far, that we know of, affected only
one member, the whole process was public as a call was shared and
inquiries/applications were sent by a dozen or so members. So informing
members and having the thread for proof is what I decided to do.

Best,

Renata