[NCUC-DISCUSS] French version of the Onboarding materials

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:50:29 CEST 2018

Great initiative Farell! Merci beaucoup. I have forwarded this idea to the
Asia Pacific Region mailing list in hopes that other members would be
interested in also taking up this project to translate the material to
their own languages. Keep up the good work!!

Best,

Elsa
--

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:58 AM, Farell FOLLY <farell at benin2point0.org>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Almost one year ago, we started the onboarding program that has been
> piloted by Kathy Kleiman, Louise Huriel and Ayden. Thanks to their work,
> many members and newcomers to the community got a better understanding of
> our role, mission and objectives, and the seven overviews provided during
> the program together form an insightful document for any newcomer.
>
> However, as they are also outreach materials, I think it is important that
> they are translated in other languages (at least those that are official
> within iCANN) so that any newcomer or anyone willing to understand and know
> more about NCUC can get the real picture in its officially spoken language
> or its native one. That is why two other NCUC members : *Yazid Akanho,
> Muriel Alapini* and I decided to translate all the documents produced by
> the team into French. We are publishing it here so that people can make
> suggestions (typos, insights, format, etc.) and comment to improve it. I
> know that Louise Huriel, one of the co-author of the original English
> version also speaks French, so *@Huriel* you are in very good position to
> improve the translation.
>
> I believe that they are very good materials that can be shared with
> newcomers once they first joined NCUC, during ICANN meetings and outreach
> events in a format of flyers printed out in different languages and be
> distributed to people or visitor to our booth. Please feel free to share it
> around.
>
> Please have the document on the following link
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e_BVqeeOi7tgij6dMviKSagCCZqvxies04c97_SzdkA/edit?usp=sharing>
>

> @__f_f__
>
> Best Regards
> Farell FOLLY