[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Approved ABR's

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Jun 10 00:10:51 CEST 2018

Hi Renata,

I do not believe this statement to be true: "All ABRs were shared both with members and EC before being sent."

None of the FY19 ABRs were shared with members on the NCUC-Discuss list prior to submission. I have just double checked, reviewing the archives from January 2018.

I noticed you shared some on the NCUC-EC list on 30 January and others on 1 February, when the deadline for submission was 31 January, but these were not shared with NCUC members more broadly. There was therefore no opportunity for wider membership consultation, and I think this is problematic.

Yes, many of our ABRs were rejected. But as ICANN org said in their explanations for rejecting our ABRs, the reason for their rejection was because the NCUC submitted requests for events that were not happening in FY19 and therefore could never be considered for approval in FY19. The events *were* happening in FY19, we just had the dates wrong. We have to get the details right - dates and numbers matter when it comes to requesting financial support - and if NCUC members are more involved in activities like this, hopefully we can help prevent mistakes like this from happening again.

I hope the EC will consider consulting with members more. We want to be involved and to help, and feel excluded when you act unilaterally without consulting us. Thank you.

Best wishes,

​Ayden