[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Approved ABR's

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sat Jun 9 16:14:37 CEST 2018

Thank you, Renata-

Has the Executive Committee reflected on why other ABRs that the NCUC submitted were not approved? Was it because of inadequate community consultation?

I noticed that one ABR was rejected because the dates provided were for FY18 (not FY19) - and ICANN org responded with the following rationale for its rejection:

"The request seems to refer to a meeting taking place in FY18 in March 2018. No further information was evident within the request for an FY19 event, so this request cannot be accommodated since it pertains to the current fiscal year rather than FY19."

Had this ABR been shared with NCUC members prior to submission, perhaps this typo could have been detected, and would have therefore been submitted by ICANN org to the Board for consideration.

I hope that, moving forward, the Executive Committee will consult with members more and act less unilaterally. This has been a new development, and an unwelcomed one.

​Ayden