[NCUC-DISCUSS] Diversity issues vs personal preferences

thatomfikwe thatomfikwe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 23:13:18 CEST 2018

Hi Dorothy,
Thanks for thé detailed comment, personalisation of issues and authoritative engagements can sometimes brings unrest and limit engagement of community members.
Leadership which is more neutral & accomodative is suitable to a multi stakehokder enviroment as all communities and members who again all carry diverse views, might not see eye to eye.
Although nothing can be done, systens need to be put in place to prevent similar tendencies from taking place or maybe I do not understand because according my understanding, ICANN is a three tiered cooperation with nobody owning but elected, volunteering, appointed or assigned.
If this matter was from a community member it would not be alarming as the case of the leadership of ICANN org, thanks once again was just raising a potential issue, thanks för all the comments.

Thato Mfikwe.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: dorothy g <dgdorothydg at gmail.com> Date: 01/07/2018  06:04  (GMT+02:00) To: thatomfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com> Cc: NCUC-discuss <ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org> Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Diversity issues vs personal preferences
Thanks Thato for sharing this.  Let us publish the statistics and track. While at one level I am shocked by the answer at another level it is just more of the same. Plus ça change plus c'est la même chose.Since the session was not recorded there are clear limitations on what can be done.  I guess the CEO's performance targets should be public as well even though the performance review itself would be subject to privacy norms.  There is nothing stopping us from setting our own performance metrics for the CEO and measuring his achievement against our own metrics.  What do we want from the ICANN CEO?At a human level maybe he was tired and he expressed himself poorly but the data will hold up the reasons why the question was raised in the first place.best