[NCUC-DISCUSS] BoD Blog Post on Los Angeles - NCPH

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 23:36:07 CET 2018

Hi all,

ICANN Board of Directors' chair, Cherine Chalabi, recently published a blog
post, which included a brief on the NCPH Inter-sessional. It might be an
interesting read for some:
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/chair-s-blog-the-los-angeles-workshop-recap

"As the fifth Non-Contracted Parties House (NCPH) Intersessional Meeting
was being held in Los Angeles at the same time, we were invited to join the
NCPH delegates for lunch on the second day of the meeting. The
Intersessional allows representatives from the various community groups
making up the NCPH to come together, to collaborate on policy and other
topics of mutual interest. The lunch was an excellent opportunity for Board
members to meet with community leaders as well as new faces from each
community group in an informal setting.

Along with Avri, Becky, León Sanchez, Matthew Shears and Sarah Deutsch, I
joined the GNSO Council for a discussion on the Council’s focus for the
year ahead, including the need to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in
managing the GNSO policy process. This was the Council’s first-ever
strategic planning session, and it happened to be in Los Angeles while we
were there. We were pleased to have had the chance to meet them in person
for a very informative dialogue."

For more details on the NCPH Inter-sessional, we've put together small
summaries which you could check out on this link: https://docs.google.com/
document/d/1RkG0bWGXDwS-eTYB7tbl1fAmwksYgfzaEjqZspp_HU0/edit?usp=sharing

Happy reading!

Elsa

Elsa Saade
Human Rights Officer