[NCUC-DISCUSS] CORRECTION - ICANN63 Travel Slots announcement

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Fri Aug 31 23:15:01 CEST 2018

Hi Bruna, All

Thank you for the email, and for the subsequent deliberations. It is a
difficult situation to have choose a limited number of people among so many
qualified ones.  Kudos to NCUC.

NPOC is please to have Dina Jalkanen Solvieg attend ICANN63 as we believe
she will be instrumental in the policy making process for NPOC & NCSG.

Thanks again,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 4:42 PM Bruna Martins dos Santos <
bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> NCUC EC is reaching out in order to correct an recent travel funding and
> CROP Slot allocation that was announced on this list.
>
> As the EC was going through the applications for the PIR travel funding to
> ICANN63, the allocation turned out to be a tough decision given the quality
> of the applicants. And, as we were finishing the deliberation, there was a
> confusion about the final voting tallies and the deliberation being
> allegedly concluded when it was not.
>
> Also, the announcement implied on one of the NCUC CROP slots allocation.
> We decided to retract this one based on the fact that there was no open
> call for this slot (as per our Operating Procedures requirement) and
> believe it would not be fair to allocate the resource without the knowledge
> of our members about the possibility. Therefore, instead of what was
> announced on the lists in the beginning of the week, this announcement
> concerns the allocation of the two travel slots available as per the PIR
> Funding and no longer allocates one of NCUC's CROP slots.
>
> Due to the above mentioned mistakes, we retract the previously announced
> allocation and *would like to inform that the PIR Funded travelers, as
> per NCUC EC deliberation are: *
>
> - Shahul Hameed
>
> - Dina Thomas Covenant
>
> We apologize for the confusion and especially to those affected by the
> precocious announcement of the allocation. Congratulations to the selected
> travelers!!
>
> Best,
>
> --
> *NCUC EC*

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)

Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit