[NCUC-DISCUSS] CORRECTION - ICANN63 Travel Slots announcement

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:41:43 CEST 2018

Dear all,

NCUC EC is reaching out in order to correct an recent travel funding and
CROP Slot allocation that was announced on this list.

As the EC was going through the applications for the PIR travel funding to
ICANN63, the allocation turned out to be a tough decision given the quality
of the applicants. And, as we were finishing the deliberation, there was a
confusion about the final voting tallies and the deliberation being
allegedly concluded when it was not.

Also, the announcement implied on one of the NCUC CROP slots allocation. We
decided to retract this one based on the fact that there was no open call
for this slot (as per our Operating Procedures requirement) and believe it
would not be fair to allocate the resource without the knowledge of our
members about the possibility. Therefore, instead of what was announced on
the lists in the beginning of the week, this announcement concerns the
allocation of the two travel slots available as per the PIR Funding and no
longer allocates one of NCUC's CROP slots.

Due to the above mentioned mistakes, we retract the previously announced
allocation and *would like to inform that the PIR Funded travelers, as per
NCUC EC deliberation are: *

- Shahul Hameed

- Dina Thomas Covenant

We apologize for the confusion and especially to those affected by the
precocious announcement of the allocation. Congratulations to the selected
travelers!!

*NCUC EC*