[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN Information Transparency Initiative

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:53:33 CEST 2017

Thanks for sharing, Renata. This touches on a really important area.
Information management and organization has been brought up a few
times at the WS2 Face to Face Plenaries, with Göran at one point
saying that resourcing this was a priority of his. Proper information
management is a pre-requisite to a healthy DIDP and disclosure system,
and as ICANN's public information expands it's increasingly important
to ensure that the information they put out is accessible and
delivered in a user-friendly way. I don't know much about how
specifically this is being done, but at a glance it seems to hit some
of the right notes in terms of auditing and tagging content, and
creating a proper searchable taxonomy.

In other words - very important initiative. Not sure about the
details, and I'd be very interested to learn more, but it's good to
see something's moving forward on this front.