[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Ncuc-af] ICANN61 NextGen Application now open

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 14:51:09 CEST 2017

Hi
We are organizing the first  North American School of Internet Governance
prior to the ICANN meeting and a special outreach to those NEXGEN members
in Puerto Rico.  The challenge right now might be the cancellation of the
ICANN event. No word yet but I spoke with Eduardo Diaz of ISOC  PR
 yesterday and the power, water and internet is out and expected to be out
for months.  The convention centre which will be the home for the venue is
occupied by military and FEMA staff.  The airport  radar is down and
limited travel.  ICANN has moved the Panama event to Helsinki so could be
out or region again or if possible still in the North America region.   We
might cancel our  School of  Internet Governance for next year or
correspond it with the ARIN meeting in Miami.  We have too many unknowns at
this stage to really know.    Regardless, if the ICANN meeting goes ahead
as planned in PR  we will inform any NCUC NexGen on the dates and details
on the school.  If I recall Milton Mueller will be one of the speakers and
many others.   Please don't hesitate to contact myself or Eduardo Diaz
http://northamericansig.org/
Glenn

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com