[NCUC-DISCUSS] RightsCon 2018 - NCUC proposal

Ayden FĂ©rdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sat Sep 23 22:57:44 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Proposals are now open for RightsCon in Toronto next May.

Enforcement of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) begins a week later, on 25 May, so I am thinking this could be a unique opportunity for us to pitch something to do with GDPR and ICANN's efforts (or lack thereof) to bring WHOIS into compliance with it.

I have drafted a proposal on Google Docs. [You can see it here](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tN5pcshMALh5o6tOYpWxaN2__5ypPxObbsq2RiI5gYM/edit?usp=sharing), and please feel welcome to make edits or to suggest additional/different speakers.

If there is support for this proposal, once more refined, I will seek permission from the EC to submit it. For now, it is only an idea.

Many thanks,

Ayden FĂ©rdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)