[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN Consumer Safeguard/ A Blog and a webinar discussion 25 Sept/ Volunteer to attend?

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:36:23 CEST 2017

All,

The consumer safeguard office is a new position at ICANN. We met with the
director of consumer safeguard  during ICANN Joburg meeting. Our members
have reservations about where this initiative might be going but Bryan
Schilling assured us that in shaping the initiative, he will take on
community input. We need to be prepared and try to limit the mandate of
this office.

Here is a blog to prepare yourself for the webinar:
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/join-a-contractual-compliance-consumer-safeguards-conversation

And here is the webinar announcement where you can see the agenda
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-09-11-en

I think the most important question which we should strategically answer
is: what type of abuse comes under ICANN's remit?

One of the ways to engage with NCUC is to attend the webinars and report
back to us. Is there any volunteer to attend the webinar, write a report
and bring our attention to the most important aspects we should be paying
attention to in the future? If so please contact me.

Best

Farzaneh