[NCUC-DISCUSS] A note on the elections and campaigning

Yolanda Mlonzi mamiyaomhle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 16:06:45 CEST 2017

Hi Farzi and Farell,

Thank you for raising this point, because it has troubled me too.

In my opinion there is a difference between campaign by *telling people to
vote for so you in order to get travel funding* versus talking publicly in
an SOI about the current constraints that we as NCUC face when trying to
bring more human right centric and noncommercial voices to ICANN.

In essence, it is the way the campaigner communicates. I think we need to
be clearer in what we mean and what we say.

Travel funding is a topical issues and one that cannot be avoided therefore
should be dealt with delicately, and as Farell has said the process should
always remain democratic, transparent and inclusive.

Yolanda.