[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Request for Comment] NCUC meeting with GAC

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:05:42 CEST 2017

Hi

A few points

- 3 GAC meetings on Amazon and one on "Any Future"

I think this is an all time record.

Side note for a request to have a meeting on "Any Future" too.
Accept "Utopia/Distopia" as alternate

GAC Meeting with Amazon.com

GAC discussion on Amazon IRP (1)

 GAC discussion on Amazon IRP (2)

GAC Working Group to Examine the Protection of Geographic Names in any
Future Expansion of gTLDs Meeting

- Underserved region

It would be good to talk to the GAC about the Underserved Regions WG
Gov reps from many countries were flown in for the workshop in Abu
Dhabi on the 28oct. Now listed as

"Capacity Development Workshop for Middle East GAC Members"

There is likely to be another in Panama

I've requested multiple times to be a part of their list as NCUC focal
point on underserved regions, no reply so far

I would like to know how the dialogue w/ civil society is evolving on
this program and how these gov members enroll

It looks to me as there could be a risk of the underserved regions
debaters being people who have no connection to the topic

I bet most underserved regions would have suggestions on people to join this