[NCUC-DISCUSS] Visiting Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) during ICANN60

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 23:59:47 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'd be interested - depending on who at the TRA they set us up with.

I don't necessarily see this as an opportunity to foster cooperation
with them - I'm pretty sure their fundamental approach to the internet
is incompatible with what a lot of us believe. But if there's an
opportunity to meet someone relatively senior - there's no harm in
working to communicate a message about the value of a free and open
Internet. Even if it's unlikely the change things, the conversation
can sometimes be helpful, and get them thinking about different
perspectives.

Best,

Michael