[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Elsa Saade to NCUC Executive Committee

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Tue Oct 10 18:51:37 CEST 2017

All,

I’d like to nominate Elsa Saade of Lebanon to the position of NCUC Executive Committee Representative (Asia-Pacific region).

Elsa is the current Human Rights Officer at Gulf Center for Human Rights (GCHR) whereby she coordinates digital rights, capacity building and advocacy campaigns in addition to projects.  Her present focus lies mostly on a freedom of expression project related to hate speech in the MENA, Data Visualization and the importance of verification in research and documentation, and finally the export of surveillance tools from European based corporations to the Gulf.

I first met Elsa at the Dublin ICANN meeting #54 in 2015 and have enjoyed working with her on ICANN matters ever since then.  She has engaged in several GNSO-NCSG-NCUC sessions and CCWG sessions on IG and Accountability — and she keeps her eye on what the GAC is up to.

I think Elsa will make a terrific addition to the NCUC Executive Committee, bringing a new set of skills and a new network for outreach and expertise to the entire constituency.  Thanks for considering this nomination.

Best,
Robin