[NCUC-DISCUSS] RightsCon 2018 - NCUC proposal

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 13 19:18:06 CET 2017

Ann is great, but we must remember that her former office does the
actual implementation of the theory of privacy by design.  She and her
husband George Tomko have now moved on to Big Data so I doubt she would
be prepared to start looking under the hood of ICANN and speculating on
what needs to be done.... which in my view is what we need at this
point.  I would recommend either Kai Rannenberg of Frankfurt Goethe Uni
or Marit Hansen of Schleswig Holstein....failing that if we want someone
local, Fred Carter of the Office of the Information Commissioner of
Ontario has done a bit of work on implementing privacy by design.

cheers Stephanie Perrin