[NCUC-DISCUSS] Call for applications: NCSG Policy Committee NCUC representatives

Kris Seeburn seeburn.k at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 15:24:03 CET 2017

> 1. Your general activities at NCUC and NCSG (E.g: What have you been
> active at, which areas have you helped in, in which policy discussions
> did you get involved?)

WT1 to WT5, RDS, Next Gen

> 2. Your experience with policy making at NCUC and NCSG (E.g: Have you
> participated in writing public comments or for instance participated
> in working groups?).

i have participated and contributed to team 5 for the rds. I participate in quite a few policy making including ITU cybersecurity WG, i also participated in writing policies in the RIR - Afrinic

> 3. Two things you want to improve the work of policy committee and how
> do you propose to do it.

Communications - we are always blanked out and we need to establish a good line of communications. How this is achieved depends how easy and complicated the people dealing with communications are.
Creating an information lane that keeps the members informed on what is happening and that we are not completely in the dark and work hard to bring the voice where it needs be.

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 20:50, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone
>
> Please see the call below.
>
> The deadline for applications is: 20 November 2017.
>
> NCSG Policy Committee: NCUC can appoint two members to the NCSG policy
> committee. The Policy Committee has the very important task of
> developing policy statements, organizing policy initiatives, doing
> policy research and guiding as well as  overseeing NCSG participation
> at GNSO Council related to the tasks, document modes and procedures
> for decision making.
>
> For a full list of responsibilities, please refer to NCSG Charter,
> section 2.5, here:
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Charter
>
> Please apply and express why you want to represent NCUC on NCSG PC. In
> your application tell us about:
>
> 1. Your general activities at NCUC and NCSG (E.g: What have you been
> active at, which areas have you helped in, in which policy discussions
> did you get involved?)
>
> 2. Your experience with policy making at NCUC and NCSG (E.g: Have you
> participated in writing public comments or for instance participated
> in working groups?).
>
> 3. Two things you want to improve the work of policy committee and how
> do you propose to do it.
>
> Send your application to
> raquino at gmail.com
> maryam.bakoshi at icann.org