[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fellowship Program

thomascovenant thomascovenant at thomascovenant.org
Wed Nov 8 21:10:08 CET 2017

Hi Martin,

you are free to start a new mail thread with specific points you want
to address.

Metrics, success, process etc. of the program you mention are indeed out
of scope of this discussion - reviewing the program by NCUC also wasn't
suggested at any point.

BR,
thomas

* * *
Dina Solveig Jalkanen
thomascovenant
Friendly geek in Amsterdam chaos
https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/User:Thomascovenant

On 08.11.2017 21:31, Martin Pablo Silva Valent wrote:
> Ayden,
> I am stating that this could be part of broader work, since Dina’s
> concern is not personal, but affects many. So, of course we will all
> help Dina to address this issue on her own right as she desires to, but
> as a community, I am proposing to open a broader group to work this and
> other issues in a coordinated and informed manner.
>
> Therefore, I encourage that, if anyone has doubts or concerns on this
> program, we can start another email discussion and continue there to
> work together. We can do questionnaire, gather data and draft our
> points. Like we do with any other issue.
>
> cheers,
> Martin
>

>> On Nov 8, 2017, at 4:21 PM, Ayden Férdeline <icann at ferdeline.com
>> <mailto:icann at ferdeline.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Martín,
>>
>> I would respectfully suggest that we limit our conversation for now to
>> the privacy issue that Dina has raised in relation to the fellowship
>> programme. We can discuss other, broader issues with the fellowship
>> programme too, but maybe off-list or at least under a different
>> subject line. Personally, I have enough concerns with the programme to
>> fill two books — however for now I think it is more productive that we
>> focus our efforts on this very legitimate issue that Dina has raised?
>> And to that end, Dina, if you decide to send your concerns through to
>> ICANN's Chief Data Protection Officer and I can help in any way,
>> please do reach out to me.
>>
>> Best wishes, Ayden

* * *