[NCUC-DISCUSS] Update on NCUC Bylaws

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon May 29 03:21:11 CEST 2017

Dear all,

NCUC members voted to approve the new NCUC Bylaws in December 2016. Rafik
(the then chair) submitted the Bylaws to ICANN staff for comments. ICANN
staff sent us their comments. Since then we have been working on ICANN
staff review of our Bylaws and with the EC we addressed their comments. You
can see the recent Bylaws meeting of EC here:
http://www.ncuc.org/governance/bylaws-meeting/

We will submit these answers and changes to ICANN staff by Monday 29 May
and follow the procedure stipulated here:
https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/charter-amendment-process-28sep13-en.pdf
finally adopt the bylaws after we have completed the process.

I have attached a clean version of the bylaws which is amended to reflect
some of  ICANN Staff comments. Our responses to ICANN staff comment is also
included.I have also attached what was approved by NCUC members in
December.  You can also see the diff version I have created in HTM format
which shows what has been changed, added or removed. The column on the left
is the NCUC Bylaws which was approved in December, the column on the right
is the Bylaws with the new amendments.

Best

Farzaneh