[NCUC-DISCUSS] Invite to side talks around SSIG2017 Rio - South School of Internet Governance

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 23:58:46 CEST 2017

Hello

There will be a series of side talks around SSIG2017 Rio - South
School of Internet Governance.
The school will be on the 1st week of April in Brazil and the talks
will be in lecture theaters at a few universities to talk about
internet policymaking.

This email is to invite you to attend these side talks which will
happen in Rio and Sao Paulo.
If you are in SSIG, in Rio or Sao Paulo, please consider attending
phisically by signing up.
We have very limited seats and you'll need to receive an email confirmation.

We plan also to have an Adobe Connect Room for remote participation.
Events will be in Portuguese, Spanish and English w/ onsite
simultaneous translation.

These side talks will be more like conversation spaces so we hope
those who join can also contribute with their view.

Any questions or suggestions, just email

Please distribute this invitation widely

Thanks

http://bit.ly/ssigside

#SSIG2017 Side talks #NCUC

This is to outline a series of side talks in the same week or the week
after #SSIG2017.

These events are organized in universities in Brazil and groups linked
to civil society spaces in I* organizations such as NCUC - ICANN and
others.

Thanks to GSE ICANN for the support in organizing these.

All events will be in Portuguese, Spanish and English (with
simultaneous translation).

3-7 Apr - SSIG2017 - www.gobernanzainternet.org

Side talks to SSIG2017

An introduction to Internet Governance and policy making - ICANN for

universities

Follow online on twitter #NCUC - Times in GMT -3
Participate online http://participate.icann.org/brazil

Rio de Janeiro

5 Apr - 14:00 - 18:00

UERJ - State University of Rio de Janeiro

Lead professor: Edmea Santos

Speakers: Olga Cavalli (SSIG), Dustin Philips (ICANNWiki), Farzaneh
Badii (online), Milton Mueller (online)

Renata Aquino Ribeiro (NCUC-LAC), Daniel Fink (ICANN)

Register to attend: http://bit.ly/uerjig

Audience: post-graduate students in education and technology, computer
science, information systems

São Paulo

10 Apr - 14:00 - Monday

UNIFESP - Federal University of São Paulo

Debate date: 14 Apr 14:00

Lead professor: Paula Carolei

Speakers: Olga Cavalli (SSIG) (Online), Farzaneh Badii (online),
Dustin Philips (ICANNWiki)

Renata Aquino Ribeiro (NCUC-LAC), Daniel Fink (ICANN)

Register to attend: http://bit.ly/igunifesp

Audience: graduate students in distance learning, design

10 Apr - 19:00 - 21:00 - Monday

UNIP - Paulista University

Lead professor: Monica Mandaji

Speakers: Olga Cavalli (SSIG) (Online), Farzaneh Badii (online),
Dustin Philips (ICANNWiki)

Renata Aquino Ribeiro (NCUC-LAC), Daniel Fink (ICANN)

Attendance only to university students

Audience: undergraduate students in media studies, design