[NCUC-DISCUSS] Cross Community Discussion/ Geographic Names at the Top Level Session II

Carlos Raul Gutierrez crg at isoc-cr.org
Thu Jun 29 18:05:27 CEST 2017

Dear Niels,

While in principle cc should have a strong voice here, experience as Co
Chair of the CWG on country and territory names was the the ccNSO is the
least homogeneous ICANN constituency. They had  3 very different opinions
on the  use of 3-letter codes. At last in the LAC region some cTLDs are
very aggressive private ventures. Just look at the numbers of the
 Colombian  cc  and check who is the backend provider......maybe the reason
why they keep a very low profile in this issue since the 2010 GAC Advice on
Geo names.

Carlos Raúl GUTIERREZ
Apartado 1571-1000
San José COSTA RICA