[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomcom

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 10:13:23 CEST 2017

Hi Anriette,

> Has NCUC done its own analysis of diversity issues in ICANN? Are there
> other resources/studies that one can draw on that analyses "global
> North/South" participation, influence and power in ICANN? In this
> instance too I would like to understand the status quo better in order
> to assess what should be changed and how. And of course.. as I say
> above, Nomcom work is only one way of addressing the problem.

there is ongoing diveristy subgroup related to CCWG to work on the issues
of diverstty for participation and leadership as part of ICANN
accountability work https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Diversity.
AFNIC did a study last year and collected some data
https://www.afnic.fr/en/about-afnic/news/general-news/9961/show/afnic-reveals-figures-on-diversity-within-icann-1.html.
  ICANN staff also collected some data. NCUC worked on bringing more people
and organizations through its outreach efforts but I don't recall a
specific analysis of diversity  which is a matter of resources and time.

Best,

Rafik