[NCUC-DISCUSS] Facebook as an obligatory requirement for being ICANN60 fellow

Michael Karanicolas michael at law-democracy.org
Thu Jul 27 21:48:09 CEST 2017

Hi Dina,

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention. You raise a very
interesting issue - and I agree, in principle, that signing up for
Facebook should not be a required component of participating in an
ICANN Fellowship program.

Would you feel comfortable forwarding or screenshot-ing the email in
its entirety, just so we can see the full context as a means of
informing this discussion?

In the interim, and while this discussion goes on, it may be useful if
you wanted to raise your concerns directly with Siranush, if you
haven't already. Your objection would seem to me to be a valid one, so
it might be interesting to see how ICANN might respond.

Best,

Michael Karanicolas