[NCUC-DISCUSS] My views on the supplementary rules for the Independent Review Process

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Tue Jan 10 03:10:06 CET 2017

Hi Milton,

 Thanks very much for this blog post. In our rush to meet deadlines I'm not
sure we thought through clearly enough some of the specifics of our
accountability mechanisms. We've changed the nature of the IRP from being
an arbitration device to being a quasi-constututional court. Yet in areas
like statutes of limitations we've kept rules more applicable to commercial
arbitration proceedings than to the new broadened remit of the IRP.

 An extraordinarily well done and important blog post. Public comments are
due on 25 January for the IRP Supplemental Procedures report. Hopefully we
can get multiple comments submitted by NCSG members.

 Kind Regards,

 Ed Morris